10/02/2012

Proud To Be Indonesian, Happy Batik Day!



























October 2nd is BATIK Day!
Being Indonesian girl, I'm proud to wear Batik, because Batik is really Indonesian culture. Batik has worldwide popularity. Maybe if you're not Indonesian you will not understand of what I meant, Okay Let me tell you a little about Batik. Batik is traditional cloth made using a manual Wax-resist dyeing technique and it's from Javanese. Man, Woman, Children can wear Batik. The Application of Wax is with a Canting tool. Batik can show you a person's rank or the social status could be determined by the pattern of the batik he/she wore. you can see the class of the batik depending on the quality of art work and craftsmanship.

Indonesian famous designer who really expert of designing Batik is Iwan Tirta, you can take a look on his official website http://www.iwantirtabatik.com/
and I also like Parang Kencana collection.

here's the pics of Iwan Tirta Batik's collection :





it's Canting Tools 






I wore Batik today to office, the model of my Batik is Bat wings blouse and also paired with skinny jeans. So sorry I don't have time to take a picture of my whole outfit today. 
Thank you! 




1 comment:

  1. I'm on love with this,honey!Can't take my eyes off;-)
    xx
    B.
    http://www.beeswonderland.com

    ReplyDelete